Intro to Outdoor Rock Climbing Near DC
- Duration: 3 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Bethesda, MD
- Product code: PWB2UF
Trip Capacity: 12 Explorer Chicks
- Duration: Approximately 3 hours depending on group dynamics.
- Check-in Time: 30 minutes prior.
- Women-Only, 21+.
- Restrooms are available.
- Climbing Harness max waist size 45 inches.
- No weight restrictions.
- No fees for parking.
- Your Order Confirmation will include a link to the Explorer Chick Smart Waiver. Please take a minute to sign online.
- We will be meeting at Carderock Recreation Area. Use the directions from Google Maps to ensure that you are in the correct parking area. There are four parking lots ad it can be confusing: North Parking, for Carderock Cliffs - Google Maps
- From 495, exit North on the Clara Barton Parkway (Exit 41-North).Then take the first exit, marked "Carderock NavSurfWarCen." At the exit, turn left to enter the park, go under the underpass, turn right at the T intersection, and your guide will meet you at the climber’s lot at the very end of that road.
- Look for guides wearing Sportrock Climbing Center t-shirts.
The park has several scenic hiking trails that range in length from 1.3 miles to over 6 miles.
Weather Cancellation Protocols
- This event can take place in a light rain, but will be canceled in the event of heavy, sustained rains, high winds and/or lightening.
- If we need to cancel due to weather and safety, you will receive a full refund or an option of a new date. You will be notified by email and/or text if there are any changes.
- There are several highly rated AirBnB options in the area.
- There are many highly rated camping options nearby.
- The climb takes place only about 25 minutes from the many hotels of Washington, DC.